Dear Sir or Madam,
With regard to the spread of coronavirus 2019-nCoV, we would like to inform you that LOT has initiated a number of measures to mitigate the negative impact of this situation on the company's operations. The safety of passengers and employees does remain our utmost priority.
While planning our current flight operations, we follow up on Member States' guidance on country-specific travel regulations. Due to the current situation and lower demand in travelling in certain directions, we have made decisions regarding selected medium and long-haul routes:
Passengers are being informed about all changes in their travels on an ongoing basis. To meet the expectations of our customers, we have introduced a flexible travel policy – passengers who purchase tickets by March 31, for flights in the period of March 6 – April 24, may change their reservation free of charge for flights by the end of the year. Passengers may obtain more information at the LOT Contact Center.
We remain in constant contact with the representatives of the Ministry of Health and the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate, as well as with other airlines. We have also introduced restrictive procedures and additional security measures on board aircraft in order to provide our passengers and employees with the highest level of security. Before each flight, the aircraft are thoroughly cleaned with the appropriate agents. Our airplanes have also been equipped with protective means, used preventively by cabin crew or handed over to passengers in case of suspected upper respiratory tract infections. We monitor our cabin crews' health condition to ensure that they can fully commit to the comfort and safety of our passengers.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this challenging and tough period for the entire aviation industry. We will keep you posted on any further operational changes.
______ ______ ______ ______
BELOW PLEASE FIND LOT POLISH AIRLINES WAIVER POLICY FOR DEALING WITH LOT POLISH ARILINES TICKETS (080-) ISSUED FOR PASSENGERS WHO HAVE PURCHASED TICKETS IN INDIVIDUAL FARES AND WHICH WISH TO POSTPONE THEIR TRIPS AND CHANGE THE DATE OF TRAVEL.
THE PROCEDURE IS VALID ONLY FOR INDIVIDUAL BOOKINGS AND FOR ALL MARKETS.
SALES RESTRICTION: ON/BEFORE 31MAR20
TRAVEL DATES RESTRICTION: 12MAR20-24APR20
REBOOKING FREE OF CHARGE: UNTIL 31DEC20
▪ FULL REFUND IS NOT PERMITTED. STANDARD FARE RULES APPLY.
▪ PERMITED ONE FREE OF CHARGE REBOOKING ON LO OPERATING FLIGHTS WITHIN THE SAME FARE FOR DATES NO LATER THAN 31DEC20. THE WHOLE JOURNEY MUST BE COMPLETED TILL 31DEC20.
▪ IF THE SAME FARE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE NEW TRAVEL DATES OR DOES NOT MEET OTHER FARE CONDITIONS FOR REBOOKING, THIS SHOULD BE UPGRADED TO CURRENT AVAILABLE FARE ON THE REISSUE DATE (EQUAL OR HIGHER). FARE DIFFERENCE SHOULD BE PAID BY THE PASSENGER. TICKET RE-PRICE IS REQUIRED.
▪ CATEGORIES PENALTIES,ADVANCE PURCHASE AND MAXIMUM STAY ARE WAIVED.
▪ ALL OTHER CONDITIONS OF THE ORIGINAL FARE APPLIES.
▪ MANUAL PRICING AND TICKETING IS REQUIRED WHENEVER ATC IS NOT WORKING.
▪ ALL CHANGES MUST BE HANDLED ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS.
▪ RULES APPLY EQUALLY TO ALL TYPES OF LO INDIVIDUAL FARES – CHANGEABLE AND NON-CHANGEABLE FARES.
▪ FREE OF CHARGE REBOOKING IN THE SAME FARE IS NOT APPLICABLE TO PASSENGERS WHO WERE NOSHOW.
▪ CHANGE AND RE-ISSUE REQUIRED BEFORE THE ORIGINAL TRAVEL DATE.
▪ CHANGE TO ANY CODE-SHARE FLIGHTS IS NOT PERMITTED.
▪ CHANGE TO ANY OAL (OTHER AIRLINES) IS NOT PERMITTED.
▪ EXTENSION OF TICKET VALIDITY IS NOT PERMITTED.
▪ REROUTING IS NOT PERMITTED. STANDARD FARE RULES APPLY.